We accept referrals from health and social care professionals, self-referrals, family members and carers. If you wish to refer someone please contact 028 9070 5125 or download a referral form: Download Brain Injury Matters Referral Form. The referral process is as follows:
- A referral form and criteria for admission will be sent either via post or email or alternatively you can download these forms below.
- A referral form is completed and sent to the Brain Injury Matters Team.
- Once received, it is discussed with all team members and if it is agreed to be an appropriate referral an initial assessment meeting will be arranged to discuss the application. If not appropriate, the referrer will be informed.
- If offered a place, a suitable starting date will be agreed upon. The first day at Brain injury Matters will take the form of an induction, giving the individual the opportunity to meet the staff, volunteers and other members of the group.
- A 12 week trial period is offered to ALL new service users, giving them the opportunity to settle into a Brain Injury Matters programme.
- Annual reviews take place in March.
- Referrals must be for someone with Acquired Brain Injury, we are unable to offer places to individuals with a progressive illness or congenital brain injury.
- The person being referred should be between 16 and 65 years old.
Please read our criteria for admission before downloading and completing the referral form below.
To refer to the Family First Project please download the Family First Project Referral Form